Creating family fun since 1855, Vermont's oldest fair features exciting midway rides for all ages, live music, Pirates of the Colombian Caribbean aerial-high wire thrill show, demolition derbies, livestock exhibits and shows, pulling contests, Fire Show, Punch and Judy Puppet Show, Children's Tent activities, community exhibits, chainsaw carving, bingo, carnival games, favorite fair food and more Aug. 22-26.
Fair highlights include:
- Wednesday - Mini-Horse Pull (6 pm); Power Wheels, Van and Team Demo Derby (6:30 pm)
- Thursday - Farm Tractor Pull (11 am); ATV/UTV Pulls (7 pm)
- Friday - Country Showdown (3 pm); 4 X 4 Pull (6:30 pm); Kingdom All Star Band (7 pm)
- Saturday - Garden Tractor Pull (8 am); Gymkhana equestrian event (10 am); Grand Cavalcade (11:30 am); Log Loader Competition (1 pm); country music artist Canaan Smith (8 pm)
- Sunday - Ox Pulls (10 am on); Pig Scramble (noon); Demo Derby Qualifying (1 pm); Demo Derby Finals (6 pm)
On Wednesday, Carload Night, fair admission is just $30 per vehicle for all legally seated passengers and includes unlimited midway rides and fairgrounds entertainment. Pay-one-price admission Thursday - Sunday is $17 per person. On Friday, admission for seniors is $12.
Fair gates open at 4 pm Wednesday and 7 am Thursday - Sunday. Dreamland Amusements midway hours are 4 to 11 pm Wednesday, 11 am to 11 pm Thursday - Saturday, and 11 am to 9 pm Sunday.
For more information, call Dreamland Amusements at 866-666-3247 or the Fair Office at 802-626-8101.