Vermont's oldest agricultural fair Aug. 21-25 features exciting midway rides and games, live music and entertainment, livestock shows, pulling contests, demolition derbies, exhibits, fair food and more.
Daily admission includes unlimited rides and entertainment by the Kenya Safari Acrobats, performing horses, World of Wonders Illusions & Escape Artists, Phoenix Bazaar fire-sword twirlers, Magic & Comedy Hypnotist Show, Chainsaw Carver Josh Landry and Professor Paddy-Whack vaudeville entertainment.
Fair highlights include:
- Wednesday - Mini-Horse Pull (6 pm); Kids Power Wheels Demo, Van and Team Demo Derby (6:30 pm)
- Thursday - Tractor Pull (noon); AC/DC tribute band Back in Black (8 pm)
- Friday - Horse Pulling (10:30 am); Truck Pulls (6:30 pm)
- Saturday - Gymkhana (10 am); Grand Cavalcade (11:30 am); New England Rodeo (1 pm, 7 pm); Log Loader Competition (3:30 pm)
- Sunday - Ox Pulling (10 am); Pig Scramble (noon); Demolition Derby (1 pm qualifying, 6 pm finals)
Daily fair admission (adults and children 36 inches or taller) is $20, or $16.84 online before 4 pm Wed., Aug. 21, and $12 for seniors on Friday. On Wednesday, Carload Night, pay-one-price admission is just $40 per car for all legally seated passengers.
Fair gates open at noon Wednesday and 7 am Thursday - Sunday. Midway hours are 4 to 11 pm Wednesday, 11 am to 11 pm Thursday - Saturday, and 11 am to 9 pm Sunday.
For more information, call the fair at 802-626-8101 or Dreamland Amusements midway at 866-666-3247.